- Quebec is becoming a leading producer of green (as in ecologically sound) communion wine.
- Want to be a rock star? Go to Christian rock camp.
- A California college offers a major in secularism.
- A Jewish newspaper apologises for removing Hilary Clinton from a photograph.
- Mitt Romney must be serious about his presidential big - he's now courting religious conservatives.
- One of the Sudanese 'lost boys' is heading back home after having completed seminary in the US.
- A progressive Christian group rejects a gay rights ad that uses the church setting.
- In case you missed the news, the world will end on 21 May.
- Is Vladimir Putin the new Paul?
- Al Jazeera looks at how the government of Bahrain has persecuted its Shi'a minority.
- According to a new book, half of the New Testament is forged.
- A new cross-cultural study in evolutionary biology suggests that religion is part of human nature.
- A piece looks at the portrayal of Norse mythology in the new movie 'Thor'.
- A new bill in the US proposes that the State department make international freedom of religion rights a priority.
- A group of Turkish creationists are touring France to denounce Darwin.
- In a new interview published Monday, renowned physicist Stephen Hawking calls the notion of an afterlife 'a fairy-tale for those afraid of the dark'.
- A proposed ban on circumcision in San Francisco will be voted on by city council in November.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Link roundup: 10 May - 19 May
Posted by Nick Dion at 8:39 AM